Monday, May 10, 2010

Week 3: Intro to Laws



As easy as it may seem to follow the Teacher's Edition textbook, it is still pretty complicated. It still requires careful planning and a practice of selective abandonment, because the T.E. does give out lots of potential activities. But again, I had to keep in mind the best types of activities for my students in particular. This lesson introduced the importance of creating laws in a community. Students learned that different groups of people, such as the Iroqouis and Pilgrims, both created laws to keep their communities safe. At the end of this particular lesson, I announced that our class is in need of a class officer, and an election would have to take place to determine who will be the class officer in Mr. Johnson's class. I can't describe how excited they were about the news. Lets just say they were hyped up!

No comments:

Post a Comment