Throughout my practicum experience, I gave several tests. One of the tests was an assessment tool taken from the teacher's edition assessment book. I quickly recognized that some of the questions on the tests were not appropriate for my students. Because I practiced selective abandonment in the information students learned in lessons, I didn't feel that it was fair of me to test it. The majority of the students did fairly on that test. I realized from this experience that I need to pay close attention to what I assess and how I asses it. I also created a teacher-made test to assess student learning. I learned that creating this type of test requires lots of thought and consideration. I also had the opportunity of making modifications to assess my students with special needs. This was one of the meaningful experiences of my practicum because I felt responsible for creating a test that was reliable and valid.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Tests
Throughout my practicum experience, I gave several tests. One of the tests was an assessment tool taken from the teacher's edition assessment book. I quickly recognized that some of the questions on the tests were not appropriate for my students. Because I practiced selective abandonment in the information students learned in lessons, I didn't feel that it was fair of me to test it. The majority of the students did fairly on that test. I realized from this experience that I need to pay close attention to what I assess and how I asses it. I also created a teacher-made test to assess student learning. I learned that creating this type of test requires lots of thought and consideration. I also had the opportunity of making modifications to assess my students with special needs. This was one of the meaningful experiences of my practicum because I felt responsible for creating a test that was reliable and valid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment