Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ms. Bobbi's 2nd visit




During Ms. Bobbi's second formal observation in my practicum experience in Mr. Johnson's 3rd Grade class, the students were comparing the U.S. Constitution and CNMI Constitution. In my attempt to challenge both my students and myself, I chose a high-leveled thinking activity for the students to engage in. I had them compare the the U.S. and CNMI Constitutions with wordy documents. Some of the students caught on, but I later realized that I might have used the wrong approach. After comparing the Constitutions, students looked through newspapers of how our personal freedoms are practiced in our daily lives. During my formative assessment, I found that my grouping strategy for the activity should have been approached differently as well. I could have possibly grouped students according to their knowledge and abilities. A couple of days later, Ms. Bobbi congratulated me on the great job that I did during her second visit. She also asked me what I think I could have done better, and I expressed my reflections about how I should have grouped the class. I continue to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment