Besides being pretty nervous for Ms. Bobbi's first visit, I was ready for my first real challenge of being formally observed. In this lesson, we continued with learning about how the government operates. As part of my diagnostic assessment of student knowledge, I asked some questions about safety and rules found in homes, school, and public. After a short discussion, I initiated a quick game I call "Unfair" where the students were at the mercy of the queen in terms of earning points. My students quickly caught on that the game was unfair, but they continued to play until I ended the game. After a quick debate about the fairness of the game, I explained that the government has it's way of keeping things fair. As an extension to their learning, students created a "government tree" made from a paper bag and construction paper. The students enjoyed this activity. They expressed how much they enjoyed learning interactively. I was satisfied with the results of this lesson. After Ms. Bobbi stepped out, I was surprised to learn from my students as they expressed how nervous they were too. I was glad to learn that I wasn't alone on that one.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Ms. Bobbi's first visit
Besides being pretty nervous for Ms. Bobbi's first visit, I was ready for my first real challenge of being formally observed. In this lesson, we continued with learning about how the government operates. As part of my diagnostic assessment of student knowledge, I asked some questions about safety and rules found in homes, school, and public. After a short discussion, I initiated a quick game I call "Unfair" where the students were at the mercy of the queen in terms of earning points. My students quickly caught on that the game was unfair, but they continued to play until I ended the game. After a quick debate about the fairness of the game, I explained that the government has it's way of keeping things fair. As an extension to their learning, students created a "government tree" made from a paper bag and construction paper. The students enjoyed this activity. They expressed how much they enjoyed learning interactively. I was satisfied with the results of this lesson. After Ms. Bobbi stepped out, I was surprised to learn from my students as they expressed how nervous they were too. I was glad to learn that I wasn't alone on that one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment