Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Week 2: Conflict Resolution




In this lesson, the class had a discussion about the importance of conflict resolution. Everyday, people are faced with challenges and sometimes disagreements. Today's lesson focuses on how to resolve our conflicts. The students learn different ways to resolve disagreements. As an activity, I had the students work in cooperative groups. I wanted to see how the students reacted to working in a group setting as I was still learning the personalities of the class. Although this was quite a chaotic way to see personalities, it helped me identify which students not to group together for certain tasks. I kept note of that.
For the activity, students came up with a conflict/disagreement scenario. The groups were also required to solve their own problems, identify the solution, and role play the whole scene. The outcome of the activity was fair. Some students had difficulty because they were embarrassed to present, but the majority of the students enjoyed role playing. It was fun watching the kids in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment