Tuesday, April 27, 2010

week 1



During this first week in Mr. Johnson's class, I spend most of my time observing student behavior and teaching strategies of the master teacher. I learn in this week that I will be teaching Social Studies and Science. I feel pretty anxious and nervous when Mr. Johnson mentions this to me, but I accept the challenge and start doing my research. At this point, Mr. Johnson asks me how familiar I am with using teacher's editions. I honestly reply that I don't really have much experience with working with teacher's edition textbooks. He suggests that I take this time to learn how to use it while integrating the strategies that I've learned at the School of Education. As i look through the teacher's edition, I realize how much I don't know about it. I'm learning that there are many component to this book, and I can see how some teachers can be dependent and limit themselves to this resource. This is not easy at all. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment